East Tennessee is one of the most beautiful places to live, with some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I love to travel and read about other places, but I am always thankful to be coming back home to the rolling foothills and scenic mountains of East Tennessee.
This is a small list of some of the things my family wants to do to celebrate this blossoming spring and summer in our Volunteer State:
- Explore Cades Cove, maybe tent camp at the campground
- Visit the (free) Knoxville Museum of Art
- Hike around Ijams Nature Center with our dog.
- See a performance of the Knoxville Children’s Theatre
- Find a weekend bluegrass music festival
- Visit the UT Botanical Gardens, especially to research a new tree for our yard and to get some ideas for our fence landscaping
- Go to the Secret City Festival in Oak Ridge, TN
- Visit Norris Dam
- Go back to the Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga with our Chatty friends
- Go kayaking before the lake gets too busy with the noisy summer boats